Do you wants to recover Hacked AOL Email Account? We use our AOL email for different purposes, like sharing e-tickets for our next flight or shopping online; nowadays, everything is running on the Internet, and everyone is asking for emails. People normally prefer AOL email because of its advanced features. However, at times you get issues with your AOL Emails because of email hacking. It is a serious issue, and you may face financial loss also, as everything, including our bank details, is connected to emails. So if you notice any unauthorized access to your email account, you should call the AOL helpline number and speak to an expert to see what can be done.
You can also go through this blog to learn how to recover your Hacked AOL email account, so let’s start.
How To Check If Your AOL Account Is not Safe?
There are several changes or signs you can look out for to check if your AOL email account is safe or not. Here’s the list of things you need to check:
- You suddenly stop receiving any emails.
- Your AOL Mail is sending spam to your contacts.
- It shows you are offline even when you’re signed into AOL.
- You get login notifications from unexpected locations.
- The account info or mail settings were changed abruptly.
- AOL Mail inbox is full of MAILER-DAEMON notices.
- You are getting responses for messages you didn’t send.
- The display name is changed.
- It shows an email signature that is not added by you.
- You can’t access your Address Book.
- An appearance of Unknown contact in your Address Book.
- Deleted emails from the Draft, Send or receive section.
If you see any of these signs on your recent activity page, then it is possible that your AOL Mail account was hacked.
Also Read: Reactivate AOL Account
Steps To “Recover Hacked AOL Email Account”?
If hackers get access to your AOL email account, then they can steal personal data and commit fraud. Here are some helpful steps you can follow to secure your Account if you think your AOL Mail account is under danger:
1. Step : Change your AOL Mail password immediately.
2. Step : Re-Examine the AOL Account Security Question.
3. Step : Go to your mail settings to check if they were changed.
4. Step : Try and enable two-step verification to add an extra layer of security.
5. Step : Alert your contact so that they do not send personal info via mail.
6. Step : Review the security setting and check if your recovery options are up-to-date.
Important : Review Away Messages tied to your Account and make sure that a hacker has not added inappropriate content or spam.
Additional things to Save your AOL Email Account from Hackers?
To save your AOL email from hackers, verify these crucial points as well:
- Review that your display name doesn’t contain ‘AOL’ or ‘aol.’
- Make sure you have your antivirus software installed and updated. Also, run the security scan on a regular basis to keep an eye on your System.
- Check your AOL mail signature, and verify that the hacker has not added spam.
- Go through all the messages send from your Account and find if there are any inappropriate messages.
Note: If you find any kind of difficulties while getting back access to your AOL Account, Contact the AOL Email Experts. Whether you have trouble changing your Password or any other setting, they will help you with everything.
Also Read: AOL Mail Attachment Problems
Things to do If you start Receiving Spam Emails from your own Emails Address?
At times, you start receiving Spam emails from your own email address because of Spoofing. Spoofing is a way to send spam emails by hiding the identity of the sender. Hackers Usually do this.
You can follow the below-mentioned steps to fix the issue:
- Report the mail instantly.
- Create a new safe and strong password.
- Do a Complete scan of your System to eliminate the malware.
- Remove your email address from the Address Book.
Further, you can contact the team of AOL and ask them for Help.
Steps to Change your AOL Password
It is always advisable to change your AOL Reset Password to keep your account safe.
Note: To ignore this kind of problem in the future, enable two-factor Authentication on your AOL email.
To do so:
- Go to the AOL Email login window.
- There, you have to enter your login credential.
- If you are not able to log in to your AOL account then, Go to the Forgot Password option.
- Then provide your AOL Email Account.
- After that, You have to decide a password recovery method and fill that in the required box.
- Now, you will get a code from the AOL side, enter that into the given field, and confirm your identity.
Finally, you will get a success notification; now you are the AOL account holder; change your Password, and then proceed.
How to Make a Strong Password
To create an easy-to-remember but hard-to-hack AOL Email password, keep these points as a note in your mind:
- Use both the Upper and Lowercase Alphabets
- Don’t opt for any names as your Password.
- Use some numbers
- And also, add some special characters like @,#, and %.
Also Read: AOL Emails Disappeared
With this, we hope that the solutions mentioned in this post will help you regain your hacked AOL account. However, if you face any issues, you can contact AOL Email experts anytime. There are various ways to contact, but the best way to get in touch with an AOL email expert is through email. So pick your Phone and email all your Queries at email@example.com.