In the world of digital communication, users constantly face online security threats like malware attacks and hackers. Email hacking is a very serious online threat that may lead to identity theft and financial loss. Whenever you notice any unauthorized access on your email account you should call the AOL helpline number and speak to an expert to see what can be done. You can also go through this blog to learn how to identify if your AOL email account is hacked and what you can do to recover the account.
How to check if your account is hacked?
There are several changes or signs you can look out for to check if your AOL email account is hacked. Here’s what you need to check:
- You suddenly stop receiving any emails.
- Your AOL Mail is sending spam to your contacts.
- It shows you are offline even when you’re signed into AOL.
- You get login notifications from unexpected locations.
- The account info or mail settings were changed abruptly.
- AOL Mail inbox is full of MAILER-DAEMON notices.
- You are getting responses for messages you didn’t send.
If you see any of these signs on your recent activity page then it is possible that your AOL Mail account was hacked.
Steps to “Recover Hacked AOL Email Account”
If hackers get access to your AOL email account then they can steal personal data and commit fraud. Here are some helpful steps you can follow to secure your account if you think your AOL Mail account has been compromised:
- Step 1: Change your AOL Mail password immediately.
- Step 2: Go to your mail settings can check if they were changed.
- Step 3: Make sure you have your antivirus software installed and updated.
- Step 4: Try and enable two-step verification to add an extra layer of security.
- Step 5: Alert your contact so that they do not send personal info via mail.
- Step 6: Review the security setting and check if your recovery options are up-to-date.
If you notice that your account shows signs of hacking often then you should contact AOL phone support and consult an expert to learn what needs to be done to fix the issue. Certified email experts are software technicians who are available 24 hours a day to give you the best security tips and tricks you can use to make your AOL Mail account more secure. Whenever you need help recovering a hacked AOL mail account simply call the number and a team of experts will respond right away so that you can regain control of your data and carry on with your work.