Do you want to Block Spam mails in AOL? Well, this is a common issue today where users receive unwanted and unknown emails with malicious links from harmful websites. These spam emails is controllable by changing the privacy setting and spam filter in your AOL account. Here we will tell you how you could stop unwanted e-mails and Manage Spam and privacy in your AOL mail account.
Mailing is an important part of professional communication. However receiving numerous spam in your inbox with some containing any virus and malware could easily stop your AOL from receiving mail from other sources. This might heavily affect your working process. Thus it is really important to manage privacy in your account information regarding that is discussed below:
Why you Need to Block Spam Mails in AOL
The primary reason as discussed above is that spam consists of various attachments which might contain viruses thus compromising your AOL account and your working station is also affected by this. You can also block spam is that when are receiving so many unnecessary mails, need to delete this mail which will be time consuming thus creating a hindrance in your other professional tasks.
How to block Spam mails in AOL
Various options are available for the users in which they can control spam, manage their privacy in AOL mail. Users can either block the sender directly when receiving the mail, they can do the same from their AOL account settings. The Users can block unwanted mail in their account while using both desktop and browser. Different ways to manage your privacy spam in AOL account are listed below:
Block Spam directly in AOL mail
Many of the primary users of AOL mail prefer to work on a desktop. You can instantly block any mail when you receive it in your inbox by following the given steps:
- Search for the mail which you want to block tick the check box on its left side.
- When they click the checkbox various option will appear for mail like delete, mark as important, and various other options.
- Look for the option “mark as spam” click on it.
- After clicking you will be asked whether to unsubscribe and “report as spam”.
- Choose specific action as per your preference.
Related: Mac mail Authentication Failed
Add Unwanted Mails in your AOL Block List
Mark spam for any mail in your AOL account setting. For that follow the given steps
- Open your AOL account and open the mail setting.
- Look for the option “Block Senders”
- Under the title “block list” type the mail address which you need to block.
- Click “Save settings”
The same process can be used while blocking spam mail in your Yahoo account.
Create a White list and Block all senders except Contacts:
Whitelisting in email means that you are adding certain email addresses to an approved list only from which you want to receive emails. In AOL, you can do that by creating a contact list to blocking all senders except contacts. Follow the given steps:
- Login to your AOL account and open mail settings.
- After that select “Block senders” from the menu.
- Then two options will be available which are “block list”
- Block all senders except contacts.
- Click on save settings.
In Order to Create a Contact list, Follow the Given Steps
Open your AOL account on the left panel select “Contacts”.
- A contact list will appear. In that click on New Contact”.
- Enter the details of your contact click “Add Contact” to save.
Update AOL Mail Filter Settings
Change the filter setting in order to control where you want to receive emails. In order to create a filter follow the given steps:
- Open mail settings in your AOL account.
- Select filter settings.
- Choose to create a filter.
- Input various parameters in your filters like from where you want to receive emails, other things.
- Click Save.
Related: Manage Spam in AOL Mail
You can also make changes to the filter by opening the mail setting, then the filter setting. There choose the filter in which you want to make changes according to your preferences and click Save.
Blocking Spam mails in AOL Mobile App
You can also control your inbox in your AOL mobile app. In order to block spam addresses from the AOL mobile app to follow the given steps:
- Open AOL mobile app.
- Choose the mailing address which you need to block.
- After selection, from the menu select “Mark as Spam”
Repeat the same from other emails you need to block using AOL mobile
How to Block Images in AOL Email from an Unknown Sender
Another form of Spam is unusual images which sometimes can be malicious or can harm your system while downloading. In order to block images from any spam in AOL read the given process below:
- Open the mail setting in AOL Mail and select general settings.
- In the reading section select “Hide images in the mail from unknown senders”.
- Click Save settings.
How to Protect your AOL mail from Spam
Receiving unusual emails and spam from an unknown sender is caused because of your browsing activities on the Internet. If you want to avoid spam and you need to keep in check which site you open, which list you have to subscribe and some other precautions which are listed below:
Do not share your AOL mail everywhere
You need to check where are you providing your mailing address or agree to subscribe to which mailing list.
Keep away from unknown senders
Apart from your activities on the internet, your mail can be shared from other external sources. So whenever you receive a mail from an unknown sender which you think can be suspicious, do not reply or revert to that. Also, unsubscribe or mark that mail as Spam.
Do not Allow sign-up for Spammers
Spammers might try to contact you through various ways like sending you unknown emails in which they try to offer you various amenities in exchange that your subscription to them. We advise you to avoid these emails and some ways of detecting mail are listed below:
- Any mailing address claiming to be a business or related to any big MNC ending with another country code that you don’t know can be spam.
- Messages with messages like Urgent, Offer, and Congratulation are usually Spam.
- Spammer might add an attachment that seems to be secure.
- Along with some catchy but if you don’t know the sender then you don’t need to open that mail.
Related: AOL Error Code 420
So far we have discussed all the possible ways in which you can block spam mails in AOL and control mail from unknown senders. However if you still have any trouble with incoming mails in your AOL account you can contact our technical expert who are provide you necessary solution within minimum time possible.