Finding it difficult to Manage Spam Mail in AOL Account? Well, this is a common issue today where users receive unwanted and unknown emails with malicious links from harmful websites. These spam emails are controllable by changing the privacy setting and spam filter in your AOL account. Here we will tell you how you could stop unwanted emails and Manage Spam and privacy in your AOL mail account.
Mailing is an important part of professional communication. However, receiving numerous Spam in your inbox, with some containing any virus and malware, could easily stop your AOL from receiving mail from other sources. This might heavily affect your working process. Thus it is really important to manage privacy in your account information regarding that is discussed below:
Why is it Important to Manage Spam Mails in AOL?
The primary reason, as discussed above, is that Spam consists of various attachments which might contain viruses, thus compromising your AOL account, and your working station is also affected by this. You can also Block Spam Emails on AOL Mail when you receive so many unnecessary emails.
How to Block Spam Emails on AOL Mail?
There are many options available for different users to Stop spam mail in the AOL mail. This is done to save the user’s data and privacy from any kind of theft. Users can either block the sender directly when they receive the mail, or they also have the option to do so using the AOL account settings.
The blocking of such emails can be done by using both a Desktop and Browser, so you don’t have to panic about it. Further, to know more about different ways to Stop spam mail in AOL mail, you can check the below-given section:
Block Spam Mail Directly in AOL mail
Every user has their own preference to Manage Spam Mail in AOL Account. However, a majority of people prefer to do so using the Desktop. It is because this process is direct, short, and simple.
- Firstly, look for the mail which you want to block and tick the check box next to it.
- Now, you can see numerous options on your screen, including Delete, Mark as Important, etc.
- From all those options, select Mark as Spam.
- Next, you will get a prompt on your screen, where you have to click on Report as Spam button, and that’s it.
Related: Mac mail Authentication Failed
Add Unwanted Mails to your AOL Block List
If you want to add unwanted AOL emails to your block list, you can check the instructions given below:
- Begin the process by opening your AOL account.
- Thereafter head to Settings, and look for the Block Senders option.
- In the block list bar, you have to write the Mail Address that you want to block.
- Finally, select Save Settings button.
Create a White List and Block all Senders Except Contacts:
Whitelisting is a process in which a user adds an email to an approved sender list. This is done to make sure that the email from the sender never gets moved to the spam folder.
It is a simple process that has great benefits. Now, let’s understand how you can whitelist a contact:
- First, log in to your AOL account and head to Mail Settings.
- Thereon, choose the Block Sender.
- Now, two options will appear on your screen; choose Block list.
- Here you have to click on “Block all the Senders” except your own contact.
- At last, hit the Save button.
How to Create a Contact List in AOL Mail?
- Login to your AOL mail and click on Contacts present at the Left Panel.
- Now, different options will appear on your screen, and from that, you have to click on New Contacts.
- Lastly, provide all the contact details, and tap on Add Contacts.
Quick Steps to Update AOL Mail Filter Settings
Further, you can also make modifications in the AOL mail settings filter to control where you want to receive new emails. To do so, check the steps given below:
- Initially, launch the mail settings of your AOL account.
- Now choose the filter settings, and click on create a filter button.
- Input various parameters in your filters, like from where you want to receive emails and other things.
- Finally, click Save.
Blocking Spam mails in AOL Mobile App
Now, let’s understand how to stop spam mails in the AOL account.
- To begin the process, open the AOL app.
- Thereon, choose the Mailing Address that you want to block.
- Finally, choose Mark as Spam, and you are done.
- Do the same process for other emails as well.
How to Block Images in AOL Email from an Unknown Sender?
Another form of Spam is unusual images which sometimes can be malicious or can harm your system while downloading. In order to block images from any spammer in AOL, read the given process below:
- Open the mail setting and select General Settings.
- In the reading section, select “Hide images in the mail from unknown senders”.
- Click Save settings.
How to Protect your AOL Mail from Spam?
- Do not share your AOL mail everywhere
- Keep away from unknown senders
- Do not Allow sign-up for Spammers
Spammers might try to contact you through various ways, like sending you unknown emails in which they try to offer you various amenities in exchange for your subscription to them. We advise you to avoid these emails, and some ways of detecting mail are listed below:
- Any mailing address claiming to be a business or related to any big MNC ending with another country code that you don’t know can be Spam.
- Messages with messages like Urgent, Offer, and Congratulation are usually Spam.
- A spammer might add an attachment that seems to be secure.
- Along with some catchy but if you don’t know the sender, then you don’t need to open that mail.
So far, we have discussed all the possible ways by following which you can manage spam mail in AOL account and control mail from unknown senders. However, if you still have any trouble with incoming mail in your AOL account, you can contact our AOL email technical experts, who is provide you the necessary solution within the minimum time possible.