This blog will make you learn about how to set up your Verizon email account to third-party email applications using IMAP protocols. Internal Message Access Protocol is an internet-based protocol used by email programs to recover emails from a mail server. When you activate IMAP, the emails get stored on a mail server. Whenever you go to your email inbox, the email program takes on emails from the server. Unlike POP3, IMAP allows you to read your emails from the server directly instead of downloading them to your system. To resolve it quickly, you must call the AOL support team to get an appropriate solution immediately.
Troubleshooting Methods to Configure Verizon Email to AOL
- Access Outlook email program on your system and press on the File option established on the top-left corner of your screen
- Choose the Add Account option from the drop-down menu and select the “a manual set-up or additional server types” option. Then, press on Next
- Next, choose the POP or IMAP option and press the Next button
- At the next window in your system, type the information as given below.
- Your name – type your complete email address
- Account type – choose IMAP
- Incoming mail server – aol.com
- Outgoing mail server – aol.com
- User name – type your entire email address
- Password – type your account’s password
- Once you have entered the above information, press the More Settings button. You will access a new window. Move to the Outgoing server tab and choose the options.
- Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
- Would you please go through the same settings as my incoming mail server
- Next, go to the Advanced option and make the necessary changes given below.
- Incoming Server: 993
- Outgoing Server: 465
- Then, press on the Okay button
- Then, press on Next button and wait until your email program finishes the testing procedure. If the testing process gets completed successfully, press on the Close button
- After that, press the Finish button and send a test email to examine whether or not your account is working well.
Once you finish up with the above troubleshooting procedures, you must dial the AOL customer service number to troubleshoot this issue immediately if you can’t shift Verizon’s email to AOL.
Related Information – AOL not working with Outlook