If you want to transfer Norton software from one device to another, then it is not that easy as it appears. If you think you will uninstall Norton from one device and then install it in another device and then enter the activation key. Then it will not work in the new device, because the activation key was entered in one device, you first need to remove it from that device then only you can install the software on the new device. If you don’t know how to do it, then you can contact Norton customer service for seeking the assistance of the professionals.
Transfer Your Norton Security from One Device to Another Device
Norton membership is known to have a limited number of licenses that can be used for protecting your various device. If you have used your license and then want to transfer the license to another unused device, then you have first to check whether any license is left with the subscription or not. Follow the below-mentioned steps to transfer the license from one device to another in Norton:
Remove the Norton License from One Device
- You need to sign-in the Norton antivirus.
- Then click on the page of My Norton > Device Security > View Devices/ Review Devices.
- Identify the devices that you do not want to protect in the Device Security page.
- If you are not able to see any devices, then you need to click on the History to see the list of inactive devices.
- You need to click on the ellipse icon that is present below the devices and then tap on the Manage License icon.
- Now select the option of Remove License > Next.
- Then click Yes to confirm it, once you have removed the license from a particular device. It means that the device is no longer protected.
Download and Install Norton in the New Device
- Now in the new device, you have to go to the official website of Norton and click to download the set-up file of the latest version of the antivirus software.
- Save the installation file in someplace safe and then double click on it run it as an administrator.
- You have to follow the onscreen instruction to complete the installation of Norton antivirus.
- When asked to enter the activation key then you need to type it so that your Norton software can be activated.
If at any point you find any difficulty while transferring Norton software from one device to another device, then you can take the assistance of the experts. You can call Norton helpline number which stays accessible 24*7 round the clock.