Are you witnessing logging issues while accessing your AOL email? If yes, then you need to make sure that you resolve this issue quickly so that you can access your issue smoothly. You can go through this blog to know the steps that you have to follow while fixing the AOL email issue. You can also take the help of the experts by calling the AOL email helpline number who can resolve this issue faced by you.
Common AOL Email Login Problems with Their Solutions
Go through the below-mentioned points to know some login errors that are witnessed by users along with their respective solutions:
- Authentication Error
If there is an error in the authentication process of AOL email, then you will get Blerk 1 error message. Authentication error occurs only when you do not have the right to access the email account. It can occur due to incorrect browser settings or when you are using the outdated web browser. You can troubleshoot this error:
- Fix Issues with Browser
Internet Explorer is not considered the secure web browser for accessing the AOL email account. However, you can switch to Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser to access your AOL email account.
- Add AOL to Trusted Sites
- Click on the option of Tools > Internet Options > Security.
- Now click on the trusted sites option and then you have to tap on Sites.
- Now in the “Add this website to the zone”, you need to type aol.com. Then click on the Add option and at last press Ok.
- You can restart the web browser and check to see if the error persists or not.
- Enable the Protected Mode
- Click on the Tools > Internet Options > Security > Internet option.
- You have to select the checkbox for the option Enable Protected Mode, and then you need to click on the icon of ‘Trusted sites.’
- Now again select the checkbox for Enable Protected Mode and restart your browser.
- Run the Internet Explorer by Deactivating the Add-ons
- Click on the Start option > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools.
- From the list, you have to select the Internet Explorer without Add-ons.
- Adjust Browser Settings
The security settings of the web browser can also lead to the login issue in the AOL email if they are not set correctly. You need to know that each web browser like Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari has its own method of adjusting the security settings.
- AOL Login Site is Not Working
The URL of the AOL email keeps changing, and if you have bookmarked the older link, then it may not work because of the changes that are made. So, you need to update the web browser from time to time so that you cannot witness any error.
- Error While Loading AOL Email
You will witness Blerk! Error 4 when there is a problem in loading the AOL email. This error can be easily by executing the following troubleshooting steps:
- Restart the Web Browser
Sometimes by just restarting the web browser, all the issues can be resolved. You have to exit from the web browser and after refreshing your system, restart your browser. Then try to login to your AOL email.
- Clear the Cache Data
If the data stored in your system is full, then it may cause an error while you are login to your AOL email. You can delete the stored data and free up space on your system, and you should know by clearing the cache data you can fix all types of email issues of your web browser.
- Adjust the Firewall Settings
Sometimes firewalls installed on your system can be the reason behind loading issues of AOL email. You can fix this loading error by following these steps:
- You have to disable the option of ‘web filtering’.
- Make sure that access to the https://aol.com is enabled on your browser.
General Troubleshooting Steps for Fixing AOL Email Login Problems or Issues
You need to follow some quick fixes that can help you in getting rid of the irritating login issues in AOL email:
- Check the Internet Connectivity
Make sure you have active internet connectivity, and the system is connected correctly with the internet. If there is a problem in the connection, then you will find difficulty while login to your email account.
- Check the Browser Settings
There is a time when browser issues can be the real reason behind the occurrence of this error. You can fix the issues with your web browser by clearing the history, cache, and saved cookies of your browser. After clearing all the temporary data, you can try to login again on your browser, if the problem persists, then you can use a different browser. Don’t forget to disable the extensions and pop-ups.
- Recheck the AOL Email Login Credentials
You have to be sure that you are entering the correct AOL email login credentials. If you don’t remember the password of your email, then you can follow the reset AOL password steps given below:
- Open your favorite web browser and then go to the official site aol.com.
- You need to type your AOL email username and then click on the option of Trouble Signing in.
- You can reset your AOL password by using three methods – one by answering the security question and second by using the recovery email address and phone number linked with your email account.
- If you choose the security question method, then you have to answer the question correctly, and then you can use the password reset link. By choosing the recovery phone number and email address, you will receive the verification code.
- You need to enter this code, and then you will be directed to the page where you have to create a new password for your AOL email account.
- Disable the Antivirus
Sometimes login issues in AOL Email can arise due to various antivirus software installed on your system. You can disable the antivirus software for a few minutes and then try to login again in your email.
- Change the Firewall Settings
A firewall installed on your system can sometimes block some unknown websites, so you need to change the settings quickly.
- Click on the Control Panel and enter the ‘Windows Firewall’ in the search box.
- You need to click on the ‘Allowed Programs’ option and then verify if https://www.aol.com/ has been allowed or not.
- Then uncheck the box for ‘web filtering’ options if it is blocked.
- Now, you have to restart the web browser and try sign-in again.
If the error persists after implementing all the above steps, then you need to call AOL email customer service number to speak with the experts so that they can help you in solving the error. The experts will listen to your query and then will give you the best possible solution to resolve the issue at hand.
You may also like:
1. How to Change Password on AOL Mail?
Frequently Asked Questions Related to the AOL Sign in Problems-
Step 1: Open the Settings app.
Step 2: Click on Apps.
Step 3: Click on AOL.
Step 4: Tap Force Stop.
Step 5: If prompted, tap Force Stop again to confirm.
Step 6: Restart the app and attempt to reproduce the issue.
- Select File in the Outlook top menu.
- In the left pane, select Info then Add Account.
- Enter your AOL email address and then click Connect.
- Enter your AOL email account password and then click Connect.
- Click Done.
Step 1- Reset the password.
Step 2- Try to log in to the AOL mail account manually.
Step 3– Reset the cookies.
Step 4- Factory reset the browser.