AOL email is one of the most popular web-based email services. Thousands of iOS users share important messages or attachments using these email services. Although many AOL email users reported: “AOL email not working on iPhone.”
Although, if the user doesn’t know how to deal with the issue, it can hinder the user from accessing their email account. If you are also facing this issue, and looking for some solutions that can help you to get rid of the issue, then you are at the right place. This post will cover all the possible solutions that offer an instant cure to fix the issue.
Why Does AOL Email Not Working on iPhone Issue Arises?
Before we directly jump to the solutions to resolve the error, let’s take a clear understanding of the possible reasons due to why the issue arises;
- Network or internet issues can be the main reason leading to the issue.
- Outdated version of AOL email application.
- An outdated version of iOS.
- Incorrect login credentials of your AOL email account.
- Technical or server issues can also be the primary reason why AOL email not working on Apple mail issue arises.
That’s all with the possible reasons why a user may encounter an AOL email not working issue on iPhone.
Also Read: Recover Hacked AOL Email Account
Solutions to Resolve AOL Email Not Working Issue on iPhone?
Let’s discuss some of the tried and tested solutions that you can carry out step-by-step to resolve the AOL email not working issue on iPhone devices;
Solution 1. Verify AOL Email Account Login Credentials
A single typing mistake while entering the login password can lead to an AOL email not working issue on an iPhone device. Therefore, it is advisable to double-check the login credentials before submitting them.
Also, avoid any hurry while entering the login credentials, which can lead to typing mistakes. Also, ensure to properly use the Caps and number keys to enter the correct character in the insert field.
Solution 2. Reset iPhone Network Settings
Another solution you can follow to resolve the AOL email not working issue is resetting the network settings on your iPhone device. So, here are the steps that you can execute to reset iPhone network settings;
- At first, launch the settings application on your iPhone device.
- Now, scroll down in settings application, and tap on the “General Settings” option.
- After that, search there and tap on the “Reset” option.
- Moving ahead, select the “Network Reset” option, and then it will reset the network settings on your iPhone device.
Once you are done with the steps mentioned above, re-connect your device to the network, and try to access your AOL email account. If you can still access the email account, move to the next solution.
Also Read: AOL Mail Not Working on Windows 10
Solution 3. Restart your iPhone Device
Performing a deep restart of your iPhone device clears all the pending processes and helps you to use the device smoothly. Now, to perform a deep restart of your iPhone device, given below are the steps that you can execute to do so;
- First, press and hold the side button until the power-off slider appears on your mobile screen.
- After that, drag the slider in the right direction to turn it off.
- Once you have switched off your mobile device, keep the phone idle for a few minutes.
- Thereon, press and hold the side button till the apple logo appears on the mobile device.
After you have performed a deep restart of your iPhone device, launch the AOL email application on your device to verify whether this method has helped you eliminate the issue.
Solution 4. Clear Cache for AOL Email Application
Deleting the application cache and cookies can help you eliminate the technical bugs and issues related to the application. It will also reset the application data and removes the temporary cache/ bugs.
Here are the steps that you can perform to delete the cache in the AOL email application;
- First, tap on the settings icon on your iPhone device to launch it.
- Select the “Applications” option and search for the “AOL” application.
- Moving ahead, scroll down to the “Storage and Cache” section and tap on the “Clear Storage and Cache” option.
By performing the steps mentioned above, you have successfully deleted the cache and cookies from the AOL email application. Now, try to log in to your email account and check whether the issue has been fixed.
Solution 5. Check Internet Connectivity Speed
Sometimes, internet issues can also lead to AOL email not working on iPhone issues. Henceforth, you must make sure that your device is connected with a strong internet connection. Additionally, you can perform an online internet speed test to check the internet speed.
If you find an issue with the internet connection, try to use a mobile network or switch to a high-speed internet connection. It will surely help you to fix AOL email not working on iPhone issue.
Also Read: AOL Mail not Working on iPhone 2022
Solution 6. Update AOL Email Application to Latest Version
Given below are the steps that you can perform to update the AOL email application to the latest version;
- First of all, launch the iOS app store on your iPhone device.
- Type “AOL email” in the search box and tap on the search icon.
- After that, the application page will appear on your screen.
- Here, tap on the “Update” option. After that, the updating process will be commenced on your screen.
- As the updating process ends, close all the background running applications, and launch the AOL email application.
Solution 7. Delete and Re-Add AOL Email Account
Another solution you can execute to resolve AOL email not working on iPhone is deleting and re-adding the AOL email account on your device. So, here are the steps that you can follow to delete and re-add the AOL email account on your iPhone device;
Delete AOL Email Account >
- Firstly, move to the settings application on your iPhone.
- Thereon, scroll down in the settings, and tap on the “Mail” option.
- After that, select your AOL email account under the available email accounts.
- Tap the “Delete Account” option to remove the AOL email account.
- A small confirmation window will open on your screen.
- Here, tap on the “Delete from my iPhone” option to remove the email account.
Also Read: AOL Mail not Displaying Images
Re-add AOL Email Account >
- Move to the iPhone settings application, and tap on the “Mail” option.
- Then, tap on the “Add Account” option available under the “Accounts” section.
- You will be asked to select an email service among the options. If you can’t find AOL, select the “Other” option.
- Now, provide the login credentials of your email account in the insert fields, and then click on the “Next” option.
- This step will automatically set up your AOL email account.
- If you want to set up your AOL email account manually, then provide the AOL email server settings on your device.
- Now, tap on the IMAP tab option, and then provide the server details;
- Hostname: imap.aol.com
- Username: Your unique AOL email account address
- Password: Login password of your AOL email account
- Once you are done with providing IMAP server details, then tap on the “Next” option, and then you have to provide the POP server details in the same manner.
- Now, your iPhone device will start matching the settings with the email server.
- After that, click on the “Done” option to end this process.
By performing the steps mentioned above, you have completed deleting and re-adding the AOL email account on your iPhone device.
Solution 8. Verify AOL Email Server Status
In case of a back-end issue with the AOL email services, the users might face various glitches and errors in accessing their AOL email account.
To find out if there is a server problem with AOL email services, you can visit various server detector websites such as down detector. These websites will help you to find the server status.
If there is an issue with the AOL email server, the services will be resumed automatically after a few hours. If you didn’t find any server issue, it indicates that the problem is related to something else. You have to carry out other solutions to get the issue eliminated.
Also Read: Can’t open Attachments in AOL Mail
Solution 9. Update iOS Version
The solution that we strongly recommend you perform to resolve AOL email not working on iPhone is to update the iOS version to the latest available version.
We suggest you enable the automatic iOS update feature in your iPhone device to get rid of manually updating iOS. Given below are the steps that you can execute to update iOS version to latest release;
- Firstly, tap on the settings icon on your home screen to open it.
- Then, tap on the “General” option and select the “Software update” option.
- After that, again tap on the “Automatic Updates” option, and turn on the “Download iOS updates” and “Install iOS Updates” options.
The above steps will ensure that your device will automatically download and install the latest iOS updates overnight without disturbing you.
In this piece of content, we have covered complete steps and solutions that you can easily carry out to resolve the AOL email not working issue on your iPhone device. If you still have any queries related to the topic, you can contact our email experts. Our experts will help you eliminate the issue by delivering the best solution. Get in touch with our experts through chat box or mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Is the AOL email application no longer available for iPhone devices?
A: AOL email application is only available for iPhone devices running on iOS 12 or newer. Users using older iOS versions cannot access their email accounts through their iPhone devices.
2. Can accessing the AOL email account in incognito mode help resolve the issue?
A: Sometimes, additional plug-ins and extensions in your browser can hinder accessing the AOL email account. Therefore, accessing the email account in incognito mode can help prevent the interference of plug-ins and extensions.
3. Why my AOL email account has suddenly stopped working on my iPhone?
A: If you are unable to receive new emails on your account, then try to refresh, restart, or reinstall the application. Also, ensure that the background app refresh is enabled and that you have provided the correct login credentials.
4. Does AOL is planning to shut down its email services?
A: Right now, there are no upcoming plans or confirmed news that shows AOL is planning to shut down its services. Although Apollo Global Management services fully manage these email services, the users can easily access their email accounts in the future.