AOL is the topmost email service provider that allows you to share images, files, and other important documents. It also helps improve the overall email service experience by delivering top-notch mailing features. Regardless of being an outstanding mailing service, it is bound to certain technical issues and glitches. AOL Mail Blerk Error 5 is one such error that occurs while loading emails from this email service.
However, to know more about this error, read the entire post attentively and get immediate assistance to your query.
Getting issues while fixing AOL Mail Blerk Error 5 and need expert’s help? Give us a call at+1-855-356-3099, and our experts will guide you in the best possible manner.
Reasons Why You End Up With AOL Mail Blerk Error 5
The users might confront AOL Mail Blerk Error 5 while loading messages in the AOL server. Apart from this, the users might lead to this error due to numerous reasons. Read the following points attentively to understand the root cause of the issue.
- Misconfiguration of the Internet settings may lead to AOL Mail Blerk Error 5.
- In other instances, it may appear due to the storage of unwanted browser or cache files.
- Sometimes, the antivirus software interrupting AOL might lead to this error.
- You might get this error due to saved incorrect bookmark addresses.
Related Page: AOL Error 212
Simple Tricks to Handle Blerk Error 5 in AOL Mail
After going through the root causes that may trigger AOL Mail Blerk Error 5, you must proceed further to the troubleshooting section. Following are the quick resolution solutions using which you can fix the error instantly without making much effort.
Solution 1: Stop the Third-Party Cookies Of Your Browser
Sometimes, the users often get AOL Blerk Error 5 because of the corrupted data stored in their browser. Therefore, you must disable the third-party cookies entering your web browser to rectify the issue.
- Launch your web browser and tap on the menu icon at the top-right corner.
- Following this, you must choose the highlighted Settings option.
- Consequently, it will open the Browser Settings on your computer screen. Then, move to the Privacy and Security section.
- Soon after this, search for the section named “Cookies and Other Site Data” and tap on it.
- Finally, navigate and tap on the Block Third-Party Cookies option.
Solution 2: Remove the Unwanted Cookies and Cache Files
- Initially, launch the Google Chrome browser on your device.
- After this, tap on the three vertically placed dots present at the top-right corner of the screen. Further, opt for the Settings option to proceed further.
- Afterward, move to the Privacy and Security tab and head toward the Clear Browsing Data section.
- As a result, the window that represents the browsing data will launch on your computer screen. Here, you must choose all three options to clear cookies, cache files, and browsing history. Moreover, you can set the time frame from where you wish to remove the data from the Time Range option.
- Ultimately, opt for the highlighted Clear Data button to accomplish the process.
Solution 3: Allow the Enhanced Protection Mode Into Your Web Browser
- In the beginning, launch the web browser on your computer.
- After this, hit the Hamburger menu, represented by three dots in the screen’s top-right corner. Then, opt for the Settings option from the drop-down menu list.
- Following this, head toward the Privacy and Security tab at the Settings page’s left sidebar.
- Now, move towards the Security section and pick the highlighted Enhanced Protection option.
Solution 4: Upgrade Your Web Browser
Sometimes, using the obsolete web browser version might lead to the AOL Mail Blerk Error 5. Therefore, to avoid this issue, you must verify that you are not running the older browser version. If any updates are available.
- In the initial stage, launch the web browser on your device and tap on the Hamburger menu icon.
- Soon after this, move to the Help menu and then opt for the About Google Chrome option from the upcoming menu.
- Subsequently, a pop-up window will appear, where it will automatically look for any recently launched updates. Moreover, it will present you with the web browser version you are presently using if it’s already updated. If it’s not updated, the updates will begin downloading on your device.
- Once the downloading process is over, you will get the Relaunch button.
Solution 5: Temporarily Turn-Off the Browser Add-Ons
- Sometimes the add-ons/extensions/plugins are also one of the most common reasons that might lead to AOL Mail issues. If you accidentally installed a malicious add-on that obstructs your personal data, it may lead to AOL Mail errors.
- So, to resolve the issue, switch off each extension one by one and launch your AOL Mail account. Apart from this, if you get any harmful extension, uninstall it permanently by right-clicking on its respective icon. Further, opt for the highlighted Remove from Browser option.
Solution 6: Modify the Bookmark URL Address of AOL Mail
With time, AOL Mail URL also changed so the older one is not valid anymore. Therefore, if you use the bookmarked AOL Mail URL to access the mail, you won’t be able to access the website. Thus, it might lead to Blerk Error 5 in AOL.
- Firstly, launch the web browser on your device and then tap on the three vertically placed dots placed at the top-right corner.
- Pick the Bookmarks option from the menu, and then opt for the Bookmark Manager from the extended list of options.
- Now, navigate to the AOL Mail Bookmark and tap on the three-vertically placed dots located next to it.
- Thereafter, tap on the Edit option from the menu.
- Next, within the Edit window, paste the appropriate URL within the URL section and then click the Save button.
Solution 7: Examine the AOL Mail Server Settings:-
- Usually, when the user encounters the issue, it represents an error message stating: “There was a problem saving the message”. The users might come across this issue while attempting to send an email. Wondering why it happened? It might occur due to your email service’s misconfigured AOL SMTP, IMAP settings.
- The users must check that the IMAP Server name must be set as imap.aol.comPort, Port Number as 993 of the incoming mail server. On the other hand, the outgoing mail server name must be smtp.aol.com, Port Number 465.
- On the other hand, the server name of POP incoming mail is pop.aol.com and port number 995. Whereas the outgoing server name is set as smtp.aol.com, and port number to 465.
Solution 8: Turn-Off Ads and Pop-up Blocker
There are certain instances when some internal settings of AOL Mail obstruct you from accessing the mail account. However, if you use an add-on or pop-up blocker, launch an Incognito window. After that, opening your AOL Mail is the easy way to fix the issue.
Solution 9: Disable the Antivirus Program For Sometime
At times, the third-party security programs and the firewall programs might be the reason that triggers this issue. Therefore, to fix the issue, try disabling the antivirus program for a few minutes and then try again to access your account.
Solution 10: Verify Your Internet Connection & Attachment Size
Sometimes, if you experience that you won’t be able to send the emails, you have to keep the outgoing mails in your Outbox. Moreover, if you find that AOL Mail got stuck in the Outbox for a longer time and receive the issue, look for your internet connection. Moreover, you must ensure that the Outbox must have enough space to add the attachments.
Solution 11: Consult With The AOL Support Experts
Sometimes, it gets quite frustrating for the users when they face difficulty while accessing the AOL Mail account. However, you can resolve it by contacting the AOL support experts, who will assist you with the proper solutions to overcome the issue instantly.
Related Page: How To Migrate Verizon Email To AOL?
Summing It Up!!
Here, we have arrived at the end of this post, and we assure you that now you can easily deal with AOL Blerk Error 5. However, if you require further assistance, contact our experts through a live chat facility.