Mar 15, 2021
Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Norton Antivirus is a popularly used software with the feature of automatic detection of viruses and malware while having smart technology to fix them as well. You will know more about the Norton Autofix tool’s activation and how it detects common issues while being activated. There are numerous procedures for running the Norton Autofix tool and common problems faced during its installation. Suppose you don’t have any idea how to use this tool. In that case, you must contact the Norton support number, and a technical representative will provide expert assistance for running the Norton Autofix tool.
What is Norton Error 8504?
Norton support center offers simplified and seamless third-party support to every Norton user. You have landed on this blog to know the solution for Norton Error 8504 and 101 as well as methods of fixing it.
Norton Error codes appear on o your computer screen in the following cases:
- When you’re attempting to install Norton but there is another antivirus or security software on your system.
- When you’re attempting to install Norton Security but it failed somehow.
- When you received the notification to upgrade to the latest version, but the procedure failed.
In the conditions mentioned above, there are high chances of getting Norton Error 8504 and 101.
If you are facing Norton Error 8504 and 101, here is the method to resolve the issue:
- Get rid of other types of antivirus or free security tools.
- Start by uninstalling the antivirus/free security tool previously installed on your computer.
- Tap Windows+R key and write appwiz.cpl and press enter.
- All the programs installed on your system will be visible. Click the Antivirus/Free Security tool and select the Uninstall/Remove program.
- Do as guided on the computer screen to uninstall the specific program.
- When the uninstallation process has been completed, reboot your PC.
- Download the upgraded Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- First of all, try downloading the upgraded version of the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool from Norton’s official site.
- Double click on the downloaded file and select Run to install the software
- Click on Agree with the license agreement, and select advanced options.
- Select remove only, then click on Remove, and reboot your computer.
- Try upgrading Graphics Card
- First of all, Right-click on My Computer >> Manage >> Device Manager >> Display adapters or you can hit Windows+R and type ‘devmgmt.msc’and press Enter.
- Then, try double-clicking on Display adapters and then right-click on HD Graphics Card and select Update Driver Software.
- You can try checking whether your HD Graphics Card’s status is updated or not by pressing alt+enter or by right click and select.
- After upgrading the driver, reboot your computer.
If you are facing some issues or errors which can be resolved by Norton’s AutoFix tool, such as Norton error 8504 and 101 like:
- Open the Norton AutoFix tool, and it will start detecting the issue automatically and will easily be able to troubleshoot it.
If you need more assistance in troubleshooting the issue, contact Norton’s support number to get step-by-step guidance.
Related Post – Transfer Norton From One Device To Another