Norton is the most used and popular software in this world for protecting your computer or device from any malware attack. Every business company purchases the best and advanced Antivirus software to protect your PC from unauthorized access. Most of the some glitches are related to virus or malware attacks these days.
In the future, the user who can provide the best safety and security to their systems will stand as a Digital Knight. Sometimes, you try to update your Norton Antivirus, but suddenly the procedure stopped or failed. To remove the update error, you must contact Norton phone number to troubleshoot this issue. It is the fastest way to get the solution for eliminating Antivirus failed update issues.
Steps to Resolve Norton Antivirus Unable to Update Error
You might be thinking when you are stuck with Norton Antivirus Updates but no need to be annoying because few procedures will help you to come entirely out of it. Look and follow the given guidelines to sort out this issue.
Solution – 1 Disable Windows Firewall
It may emerge while updating Norton Antivirus and influencing the updating procedure and even failing it before the update.
- Open the ‘System and Security’ in the control panel
- Move to ‘Windows Firewall’
- Switch-On or Off the Windows Firewall
- Then, switch-off the Windows Firewall
Solution – 2 Clean Some Space on Your System
- You need more space to carry out the process of Antivirus updates, and it is a speedy and straightforward process to remove the issue Antivirus Update Failed to Complete
- Take the backup of extra files and run them on the hard drive.
- Delete the portion of extra files from your system to clear the space for Antivirus Update to complete successfully
- Keep some space empty in your compact hard drive to finish the Antivirus Update.
Solution -3 Uninstall and Reinstall Norton Antivirus Software
If you can’t fix the issue after trying all the above methods, then the best way to remove the glitch by uninstalling and reinstalling the Norton Antivirus Software. Visit the official website of Norton and download a new and current version of Norton Antivirus software. If the download is finished, reinstall the Norton Antivirus software. It won’t cost you much pain if you don’t have the Product key to run it in your system.
Related Article: How To Fix Norton Antivirus Won’t Open
Why we Need Norton Update | Why Norton Live Update Fail
After following the above tips, you must dial Norton helpline number to troubleshoot this issue. It is available to serve you round the clock and provide you instant and easy experts solutions on-call. Rather than these steps, you must update the browser, Windows OS, of your system before installing Antivirus software. Once the program files are installed but can’t run or open, you should immediately delete them. After doing this, download once more Norton Antivirus software to provide proper and strong security to your computer. The Antivirus team is having trained and experienced professionals to solve any queries related to Norton Antivirus. You will feel comfortable while chatting with a Norton Antivirus executive to resolve your issues.
(Frequently Asked Questions) FAQ’s
A: Sometimes, the Norton product may fail to update because of the following reasons.
- The user has tried to update the Norton manual way.
- The server of the Live Update is temporarily down.
- Malware has affected the computer and it is further blocking the live update feature.
A: In case, if you are not able to update your Norton, then try to follow these steps.
- Uninstall the Norton product.
- Download and use “Remove Norton Mac Files” as an administrator
- Download and install the Norton product
- Update the Norton application again.
The above steps will help you to update your Norton product to the latest version.
- Go to the Norton.
- Now, next to the device security, you will see the “My Norton Window” and then click on Open.
- Double click on the security option and then click on Live Update.
- After that, the Live Update will try to connect over the internet and download the latest updates.
- If it fails to download, then click on the “View Summary” option under the results, and then “More Information”
- At last, the Norton Support page opens and will give you all the instructions on how to fix the Live Update error.