McAfee Antivirus provides a smart and clever approach to the users to safeguard their technical friendly device by the attack of malware and virus. It helps them to secure their personal information in the virtual world and also ensures that you stay disinfected from the targets of virtual dangers such as Trojan ware, adware, spyware and all other types of malware. With a massive usage of this software and it continuous working to block the harmful information from entering your PC, it can encounter with some basic troubles. One of them includes when it stops working all of a sudden. This can happen when the customers have installed the software in a Windows operating system ( 7, 8, and 10). If you wish to resolve the particular error, it is quite possible to rectify it by consulting the guidance of the specialists at McAfee technical support.
One of the main reason why the malfunction befalls is when you try to update the McAfee software. Either the update is stuck at some random %, the scanning stops in between or the software fails to fix the PC issues. There can be different indicators which can be associated with the explicit error. Sometimes an internet connectivity trouble can also be a reason behind that.
Methods to Resolve McAfee not Working Error
At a time, when the Antivirus software fails to operate on the framework and is having some issues, then you can utilize the information given below to resolve the snag.
- Close all the running programs in your PC and shut down the system
- Restart it after two minutes
- Click on McAfee Antivirus icon and select the ‘Uninstall’ option
- Delete any other antivirus program too that can cause a hassle in this process
- Disable the Firewall protection
- Install McAfee Antivirus in the system once again by following the same process that you applied for the first time.
- Make sure that you have installed the recent version. If not, then update the product and restart the system.
- After that restore the PC settings to the time when McAfee Antivirus was working properly
Sometimes it can be the framework or the software of the system which can cause the error. In that case, you can also opt for recent software updates. If even after trying all the possible methods of resolving this fault, you are still not satisfied, then have a word with proficient techies by dialing the McAfee customer service number. It remains in service 24*7 and can be accessed via a toll-free number.