AOL error code 420 is one of the most common errors, mainly when the user tries to sign-up for AOL services on their PC and smartphone. It is a most irritating and frustrating error which may disallow the users to work on their AOL email account.
Well, we, as email service providers, have received many queries from our subscribers related to AOL error 420, and that’s why we decided to come up with a solid blog to cover the full information. In this article, we are going to cover the complete information about what is error code 420 on AOL mail and how to get the issue resolved.
Possible Reasons Behind AOL Error Code 420
Let’s take a look at the list of possible reasons due to why a user may encounter AOL error code 420;
- Outdated AOL email application.
- Outdated or corrupted web browser on your device.
- If your device has been affected by malware, it can also lead to AOL error code 420.
- If you are using an old Windows version on your PC, it can be a compatibility issue with the AOL email server.
- Poor internet connection.
Related Page: AOL Error 212
Solutions to Resolve AOL Error Code 420
After having a clear knowledge of the possible reasons due to the why arises, then let’s take a look at the solutions that you can easily conduct to eliminate the AOL error code 420;
Solution 1. Clear the Browsing History and Cache
If you cannot log in to your AOL email account, the first solution we suggest is to delete the browser’s history and cache on your device. Let’s take a look at the steps that you can follow to clear history and cache on Google Chrome;
- To begin with the process, you have to launch the Google Chrome web browser on your device.
- Press the “Ctrl + H” keys on your device, and then the history settings will open on your screen.
- Here, you must change the time range to “All Time” and then check-mark all the options.
- After that, click on the “Clear Data” option.
Solution 2. Update PC’s Windows to Latest Release
In case you are using an outdated Windows operating system on your PC. It can slow down the performance speed of your device and can eventually lead to various technical glitches.
Therefore, keep downloading the new windows update on your device regularly. If you don’t know how to update the PC’s window, then here are the steps that you can follow;
- Firstly, go to the windows settings on your device.
- After that, you have to select the “Update and Security” option.
- Moving ahead, you have to hit the “Windows Update” option.
- Followed by the above steps, click on the “Check for Windows Updates” option.
- If new updates are available for your PC, click the “Download and Install” option.
With that effect, the windows updating process will start on your PC. As that process ends, restart your device deeply, and try to log in to your AOL email account. If you cannot log in to your AOL email account, move to the next solution.
Solution 3. Clear the System Files
The next solution that you can follow to deal with AOL error code 420 is cleaning the system files on your PC. You will be able to do this by running the sfc/ scannow command on your device.
- Move to the windows start menu, and type “CMD” in the search bar.
- As the search results appear on your screen, then do a right click on “CMD” and select the “Run as Administrator” option.
- Moving ahead, select the “Yes” option.
- Thereon, type the “Sfc/ scannow” command, followed by a press on the enter button.
- Now, the scanning process will start on your device.
- As that process ends, restart your Pc, and try accessing the AOL website.
Solution 4. Run Antivirus Scan
If your device is affected by malware or virus, it can be the primary reason behind various technical glitches, and AOL mail error 420 can be among them. Therefore, if you find any malicious activities, files, or objects on your device, you must remove them.
Perform an antivirus scan on your device, then perform a deep PC restart. Thereon, verify whether the AOL email error code 420 has been fixed.
Solution 5. Try a Different Browser
If the AOL error code 420 keeps appearing on your browser, then there are some chances that you are using an incompatible web browser to access AOL services. Henceforth, we suggest using a different and updated browser for AOL services.
Check whether the AOL services are working efficiently on the new browser. If it works properly on the new browser, it can indicate some issues with the old browser.
Related Page: AOL Mail Blerk Error 5
In this article, we have tried our best to enlist some solutions that you can easily perform to fix AOL error code 420. If you are still facing the error or need any help related to any of the email services, you can contact our email experts via mail at email@example.com. Our experts are available 24*7 around the clock to attend to your query and deliver the best possible solution.