One of the biggest benefits of using AOL Mail is that you can sync your account to multiple devices so that you can access your emails even if you are not in front of a computer. However, you need to keep in mind that third-party email applications and devices may have different steps you need to follow to sync your account. If you need help with the process you can always call the AOL support number and ask for help. Additionally, if you notice that AOL Email is no longer syncing or fetching emails then you can refer to the solutions in this blog to try and resolve the issue.
Solutions to fix AOL Email No Longer Syncing or Fetching Email
Solution 1: Check the Configuration Settings
One of the main reasons why syncing errors occur in AOL Mail is because the IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) or POP (Post Office Protocol) setting is incorrect. Here’s a look at the settings you need to enter when syncing your account:
- IMAP Username: YourUsername@aol.com
- Incoming Mail Server: imap.aol.com
- SMTP Outgoing Server Address: smtp.aol.com.
- Port: Set the port to 587.
- SMTP Username: YourUsername@aol.com.
- SMTP Password: the password you use to login into the Mail app.
Keep in mind that the configuration settings mentioned above will remain the same no matter which third-party email application you use to access AOL Mail. As a general rule, experts recommend using IMAP as it works best with AOL.
Solution 2: Update AOL Password
If you entered the correct IMAP settings but still find that AOL Mail is not fetching emails then you may need to update the password in order to resolve the issue. You can follow the steps below to update the password:
- Step 1: Click on the mail app icon on the device you use to access AOL.
- Step 2: Look for the apps ‘Email Accounts’ or ‘Account Settings’ section.
- Step 3: Select your AOL Mail account from the list of email accounts.
- Step 4: Click on ‘Update’ or ‘Edit’ settings and then update to your new password.
It is important to note, in case you activated the 2-step verification process for your AOL account, then you will need to generate another password before you can proceed. You can call the AOL tech support number and speak to a trained expert to learn how to generate and use an “app password” to access AOL Mail from these apps. However, you need to make sure you update to the latest version of your email client before you make any changes. If you still have trouble fetching emails then you can ask the AOL expert for a more advanced solution to troubleshoot the syncing error and fix AOL Mail as soon as possible.