The Portable File Format, also known as PDF, is the most widely used document format in the world. PDF is developed by Abode and is designed to present files in a standard format. The main aim of PDF is to make documents accessible on different platforms and across different devices. Since the fonts and formatting are preserved electronically, the file will appear the same on any device regardless of whether it contains text, pictures, graphs, or other data. You can view any PDF file on your computer using Adobe Acrobat Reader, a popular software meant to create, view, and manage PDF files. However, Adobe Reader does not always work as it should and will sometimes encounter errors that prevent users from opening their PDF files. This article will give you some helpful suggestions on how to fix the ‘PDF File Not Responding’ error. Apart from the steps mentioned below, you can call the Adobe customer support number and consult an expert to identify the root cause of the problem so that you can implement the appropriate solution.
Steps to fix Adobe PDF File Not Responding
In case the automatic repair option does not work, you can use the Acrobat Cleaner tool to fix the error and open the PDF file. You can refer to the steps mentioned below to download and use Adobe Acrobat Cleaner:
- Step 1: Open your internet browser and enter the given link in the address bar: https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html.
- Step 2: Mark the checkbox to indicate you agree with the terms of service and download Adobe Acrobat Cleaner.
- Step 3: Open the tool on your computer and click ‘Next’ on the first window and press ‘Accept’ for the license agreement.
- Step 4: Mark the radio button and choose the product you need to remove (in this case it will be Adobe Reader) and then click ‘Next’ to proceed.
- Step 5: Select the ‘Clean Now’ option to start the cleanup process and allow the tool to remove the old version of Adobe Reader.
- Step 6: Run the command prompt and enter the data as given below: “AdbeArCleaner.exe/silent/product=<ProductId>/installpath=<InstallPath>/cleanlevel=<CleanLevel> /scanforothers=<ScanForOthers>”
- Step 7: Go to the ‘C’ Drive on your computer and delete the Adobe folder and also go to the registry to delete the Adobe key.
Once you complete all the steps mentioned above, you will need to restart your computer and reinstall Adobe Reader. You should make sure you follow the proper installation steps to prevent any errors. If you find that you cannot open your PDF files even after going through all the steps mentioned above, you can call the Adobe technical support number and speak to a trained software technician to fix the error. Technical experts are available 24 hours a day to help you implement advanced troubleshooting solutions to resolve any error related to Adobe.