Talk about browsers, and Mozilla comes to mind. Such is the effectiveness and usage of Mozilla Firefox that millions of users have made it their default browser. For a certain period of time in the past, Mozilla has completely ruled the charts. Not only is it the oldest and most trusted web browser of all time, but it is also the most reliable and useful. Majorly, Mozilla Firefox works just perfectly fine. But not at all times. Like all other software, Mozilla also suffers from errors and discrepancies. And so, it is not uncommon for Mozilla Firefox to throw some errors your way when you try to use it.
The issue arises when apparently, for no reason, Mozilla Firefox keeps crashing. This might make you wonder “Why does my Firefox keep crashing?“. This issue might happen when you open Firefox or when you open multiple tabs on the browser. While this particular error can occur because of a number of reasons, it is important to understand that there are multiple ways by which the said issue can be resolved. In this article, we are going to discuss this Firefox keeps crashing windows 10 in detail.
Why Firefox Crash?
There is no one answer that can be provided for this question. Consequently, multiple factors are responsible for the “my Firefox keeps crashing” error. Some commonly known causes are as follows:
1.) The Firefox browser becomes outdated and needs an update
2.) The version of Windows you are running is not updated
3.) Firefox is crashing because of a mismatched cache and other errors in settings
4.) Improper installation is causing the “my Firefox keeps crashing” issue.
5.) Damaged add-ons and extensions could also be the reason behind the Firefox keeps crashing windows 10 error.
My Firefox Keeps Crashing: How do I stop it?
As there are different causes for this problem, similarly, there are multiple solutions to this problem too. The following are some of the most effective solutions for fixing this error:
1.) Updating Firefox:
Updating Firefox to the latest version can usually prevent this error from occurring repeatedly. Therefore, the first thing is you want to make sure that you have the latest version of Mozilla Firefox. Follow these steps to update Firefox:
- On the Mozilla Firefox on your system, go to the browser’s menu. Thereafter, choose Help from the options given and then select “About Firefox”
- A new tab will open, and it will start looking for the available updates if there are any. Mozilla Firefox will download and install the update automatically.
- Furthermore, once you are done with the update process, you need to pick the “Restart to Update Firefox” button. Doing this shall complete the process.
2.) Disable Add-Ons:
Sometimes, corrupt or damaged Firefox add-ons could be the reason behind the problem. Therefore, one must disable these add-ons and extensions so that they are not able to affect the browser. You are going to need to follow these simple steps to disable the add-ons:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and then go to the menu icon
- Choose Help from the menu
- Furthermore, you are going to have to choose the “Restart with Add-ons Disabled” and after that, click on the “Restart” that appears in the dialogue box.
3.) Scan for Viruses:
Viruses and malware can be a major reason of Firefox keeps crashing issue. Even an incompatible software (with Firefox) could be responsible for this particular error. If the error occurred after you installed a program or software, then it may be possible that this newly installed program could be causing issues, and it may need to be uninstalled for the system to recover its original state.
4.) Clear Cache in Mozilla Firefox:
Browser Cache is generally the data that browsers save on the system to improve the functionality of the websites. It helps the websites load certain functionalities and do it faster. But a corrupt or damaged cache file can do just the opposite. It can cause the browser to crash at unsuitable times. Therefore, the best way to fix this problem is to clear the browser cache. Here are a bunch of steps that can help you clear the cache in Mozilla Firefox:
- Launch Mozilla Firefox on your system and then go to the menu option
- Choose History from the options and then click on “Clear Recent History”
- Pick the option “Time Range to Clear” from the drop-down menu and then click on “Everything”
- Choose the data that you want to clear and then select “Clean Now”
5.) Update Mozilla Firefox drivers:
Browsers such as Firefox, from time to time, download and install the latest versions of the drivers to enable them to run efficiently. Sometimes, we miss or forget to install these updates. Out-of-date drivers can be responsible for a number of errors, including “Firefox keeps crashing” error. To check for these drivers, follow these steps:
- First of all, you need to Press Win+R keys together so that it opens the Run dialog box
- Now put in devmgmt.msc in the dialog box and click Enter to launch the Device Manager
- For the list of installed devices on the system, check for updates available for device drivers. Any important update will be shown with a yellow exclamation mark just next to the name of that device
- If there are no updates available, look for device drivers that are crucial for the functioning of the app
- Right-click on these devices and then select Update Driver
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen to update the device drivers if available
So, there you have it. Now you know how to solve the “Firefox keeps Crashing Windows 10” or “Firefox keeps Crashing Windows 7″ issue using the above-mentioned solutions. We fervently hope that you shall be able to troubleshoot this issue successfully. However, if you still find problems, then you should seek professional assistance.
Ours is a team that deals with such issues. We have a dedicated group of professionals that makes sure your issues are heard, analyzed, and resolved at the earliest. We would advise you to contact us either through chat or email. You can chat with us through our website–> connecthelpline or drop us a mail at [email@example.com].
Frequently Asked Questions: